I like my adobo rich, saucy and addictive. I use apple cider and balsamic vinegar to coat the chicken with rich flavors and a beautiful glaze. You won't regret feeding your loved ones with this dish, especially during this time of quarantine when we all need a hug. =)
I shot this video with babygirl @iamsofiaandres a few days before the lockdown. We've remained super close since working together on Pusong Ligaw (which is available on Netflix as "Lost Hearts" in some territories).
I hope this recipe and video are able to give you some comfort during this insane time in our lives. Big virtual hug to you all! Just keep cooking and baking while you’re home. I promise you, it’s good for the soul – especially if you’re creating sustenance for people you love or for frontliners.
CHICKEN ADOBO Recipe
1-1.2 kg whole chicken, cut into parts
1/2 cup soy sauce
6 Tbsp Coconut or apple cider vinegar
15 Garlic cloves, crushed
2 Tbsp Olive oil
2 cups Water
2 tsp Whole peppercorns
6 Bay leaves
3 Tbsp Balsamic vinegar
400 grams Sweet potato, cut into 1 inch pieces
250 grams Brown button mushrooms, halved
1. Prep marinade in advance. In a large air tight container, mix together soy sauce, apple cider vinegar and garlic cloves.
2. Add chicken, close container and turn it around to coat all sides of the chicken.
3. Marinate overnight or up to 24 hours in the refrigerator.
4. When ready to cook, set a large pan on high heat. When hot, add olive oil.
5. Place chicken in the pan. Keep the marinade in the container.
6. Brown the chicken one side at a time. Around 3-5 minutes per side until they are a deep brown color but not burnt. Watch that the drippings don’t burn.
7. Have a plate ready.
8. Remove chicken from pot and set aside on a plate.
9. Pour water, marinade, peppercorns, bay leaves and balsamic vinegar into pot. Scrape bottom of pot with a rubber spatula to loosen any chicken bits stuck to bottom of the pot.
10. Add sweet potato and turn heat up until liquid starts to boil. Lower heat.
11. Add chicken. Simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
12. Add mushrooms then simmer for 20 minutes or until liquid has reduced and thickened and chicken is tender.
13. Taste the sauce. If bland, add 1 tablespoon soy sauce & 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar. If too salty, add 2 tablespoons of water.
For more on this recipe, head to
Video by Gabby Cantero
#ChickenAdoboRecipe #BiancaKingRecipes #SofiaAndres
My name is Bianca. I love writing, photography, magic hour, travel, home design, yoga, playing in the kitchen and in front of the camera, listening, telling stories and living mindfully.
I hope this channel encourages you to love life and live it fully.
Sometime ago, I juggled life as a Digital Filmmaking scholar at De La Salle – College of St. Benilde while pursuing a career in acting. Years after, I attended the Center for Culinary Arts, Manila, gained a certification in Fitness Nutrition and opened a fitness-oriented organic restaurant called Runner’s Kitchen. I co-own Beyond yoga studio in Rockwell.
Though my love affair with being in front of the camera forever remains, I dream of producing digital content that makes this world a better place and finding solutions to lessen the garbage we create. In the works.
Follow my socials: