Learn about the Advantages and Disadvantages of Waste Incineration as part of WELS (Waterpedia Environmental Learning Series)
Advantages of incineration:
* Produces heat and electricity
* Could reduce burning of fossil fuels
* Metals can be extracted from the ash
* It reduces waste volume
Disadvantages of incineration:
* Expensive to build and maintain
* Produces harmful pollutants
*Recyclables could end up in the incinerator.
SUBSCRIBE to the Waterpedia YouTube channel for new WELS (Waterpedia Environmental Learning Series) video every week.
Follow us on:
- a wiki based openly-editable (for all registered users) free-content collaborative environmental encyclopedia project initiated by the people, for the people in the environment and sustainability sector.
This video is available under a Creative Commons License: Attribution-NonCommercial CC BY-NC and free to everyone.
AV Credits: FuseSchool.